Here are 5 tips to help you achieve beautiful soft skin at any age.
1. Stay away from harsh soaps when you want to cleanse your face, soaps can dry out your skin, especially if you suffer from problem skin. Instead choose a product that will gently remove dead skin cells and oils from the surface of your skin, without affecting your natural pH balance. A product that is this gentle can even be used on children’s skin.
2. Take an oatmeal bath. Oatmeal is extremely soothing to the skin and is wonderful if you suffer from eczema. It’s very easy to make, all you need is 1 cup of oatmeal which you pour into a running bath. Once the bath is full run your hand along the bottom of the bath to break up any clumps of oatmeal. You can also add essential oil lavender to the oatmeal bath to give it that extra special smell.
3. Always avoid showers that are extremely hot and make sure that you don’t stay in the shower for too long. They will both deplete your skin of moisture. After you have finished your shower, use a good quality body cream. Try one that includes shea butter as part of the ingredients as this is excellent for hydrating the skin. Always moisturize your skin as soon as you get out of the shower when your skin is still warm and your pores are open. Never dry your skin completely, just pat your skin with a soft towel. Add the moisturizer and you will have beautiful soft skin.
4. Including more fish in your diet is not only good for your health but it’s excellent for soft skin. Choose a fish that is packed full of omega-3 fatty acids, which help with inflammation leaving you with beautiful soft skin. The types of fish to include in your diet are Mackerel, salmon, herring and tilapia.
5. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink on a weekly basis. When alcohol enters your bloodstream it lowers the concentration in your blood, your body will then draw water from your skin to replace the lost water, when this happens your skin will lose its moisture and become dull. Drinking enough water each day is so important for your skin. Aim for at least 2 liters every day and in the summer months and when you work out drink more.
By following these 5 tips you will have beautiful soft skin as the years go on.