We all want younger looking skin, unfortunately you can’t turn back the clock but you can certainly take steps towards preventing your skin from ageing too early.
Premature ageing of your skin can be caused by the health and lifestyle decisions you make every day. Smoking, sun exposure, lack of exercise, eating processed unnatural foods, too much alcohol, stress, too much caffeine, lack of sleep and dehydration can contribute to this.
While some signs of aging skin are inevitable, there’s a lot you can do to look your best at any age.
Taking care of yourself is the most important step when you want younger looking skin and this can be achieved by following these 5 tips.
1. Choosing the correct skin care products for your skin type is an essential part to younger looking skin. If you have problem skin and suffer from adult acne, rosacea, dermatitis or eczema then all natural skin care products are your best bet. Using a skin care product that contains harmful ingredients can increase your chance of premature ageing. Natural ingredients will help your skin remain wrinkle free for as long as possible.
2. Always use a good eye cream that contains vitamin A and retinol. They will soften the fine lines that appear under your eyes by boosting the collagen production. Never use your face moisturizer as your eye cream as these creams weren’t meant for such delicate under eye skin. Using a suitable eye cream will also help with under eye puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles.
3. Your face cream must always contain SPF 15 sunscreen which will protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. UVA rays from the sun can penetrate deep into your skin and damage the collagen, which can result in premature ageing and wrinkles.
4. It’s not only important to cleanse your face daily but you must also make a point of exfoliating regularly, which will increase omega intake and essential fat, eliminating dead skin cells and giving you younger looking skin.
5. Increasing the amount of exercise you do can contribute immensely to younger looking skin. Try to keep active for at least 30 minutes a day. This can include going to the gym, running, taking your dog for a walk or even chasing your kids around the local park. Exercise gets your blood flowing, and an increase in blood flow will carry more oxygen to the skin. The boost in blood flow and oxygen to the skin cells also carries nutrients that improve skin health, supporting all the effort you make with moisturizers and other skin care products.
Following my 5 tips to younger looking skin will not only make you look better but you will feel better too.