If you want healthier, more luminous looking skin – getting more sleep can help. If you are not getting your required 7-9 hours of sleep a night – your skin will suffer! Lack of sleep can make your skin look dull, lined, and possibly saggy. So get some good, quality sleep with these helpful tips.
– TAKE TIME TO WIND DOWN. For at least 30 minutes before bedtime turn off your computer and your TV as these can over stimulate your brain and make it harder to fall asleep. Maybe use this time to do some deep breathing or gentle stretching.
– TAKE A WARM BATH OR SHOWER. Some people find this to be a soothing experience to lull them into sleep.
– READ AN EASY BOOK. Reading something easy before bed can also help you wind down. Try to read an easy novel and not an exciting thriller which could get your mind going.
– USE ESSENTIAL OILS. Either in your bath, a diffuser, or simply sprinkle on your pillows. Lavender and chamomile are especially relaxing.
– MAKE YOUR ROOM DARK AND COOL. Use thick curtains or blinds, turn away your clock’s bright light and lower the thermostat to a cool but not cold temperature for a perfect sleeping environment.
– AVOID CAFFIENE AND ALCOHOL IN THE EVENING. These can affect your ability to sleep properly. Herbal teas can be good to help relax you in the evening but make sure your tea is decaffeinated.
– WRITE IN A JOURNAL BEFORE BED. Take a few minutes to write down what you need to remember to do the next day and any issues you are feeling uncomfortable with. Getting it out of your head helps you relax and fall asleep.
– AVOID EXERCISING TOO CLOSE TO BEDTIME. Your body generally needs at least 2-3 hours to cool down properly after exercise.
– TRY TO KEEP YOUR SLEEP HOURS THE SAME EVERY NIGHT. Going to bed late and sleeping in on weekends can mess up your sleep schedule. Try to keep your bed time and wake up time on weekends within an hour or two of what it is on weekdays.
Getting enough sleep helps your body create collagen, regenerate the skin’s cells, and allows any anti-aging and moisturizing products to properly penetrate your skin.