You may have heard about people that go on hard core 3 or 10 day detox diets and wondered if this is something that you should do yourself. Most doctors agree that these harsh, limiting detoxification diets can be extremely harmful to your system. That’s not to say they are all bad – but you should avoid any that don’t allow you anything except juice for longer than 24 hours and those that have you take supplements that promise to detoxify you in a single weekend as these can be so harsh to your system that they can cause stomach distress and possibly organ damage.
Detoxifying your body is a good idea, but it is a much better idea to continually use natural, safe remedies to help your system along, rather than to just do it a few times a year. Here are some easy steps you can add to help your system:
– Drink as much water as you can daily – at least 8 glasses!
– Drink teas – especially green and white for their high anti-oxidant benefits.
– Take natural herbs and supplements, such as the Derma Cleanse Capsules or the Skin Support Supplements which help to cleanse and protect your internal organs and keep things running smoothly.
– Eat plenty of fiber – whole grains and fruits and vegetables are great foods for keeping your system clean. Limit your intake of “junk” foods.
– Breathe deeply and relax every day for several minutes every day – or try a yoga or meditation program.
– Drink a glass of warm water with half a fresh lemon squeezed into it each morning to jump start your metabolism and cleansing for the day.
– Get plenty of exercise! Aim for at least 30 minutes a day.
– Have warm baths with Epsom salts to relax your muscles and help cleanse your system.
– Use a dry brush to rev up your circulation. Each day before you shower – use a dry soft bristled brush to run over your body – starting at your feet and hands and working towards your heart to get your circulation going.
– When showering, switch back and forth between hot and cold water in 30 second intervals to get a hydrotherapy benefit for your body.
Incorporating even a few of these steps into your routine can help to keep your body, and therefore your skin, in great shape!